Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mom and pop store

Before I jump into the shameless sales pitch that's about to follow I just want to address a few things. Like why "mom" gets to come first in the name of a small, locally-owned store. I think pop should come first because everyone knows men bring home the proverbial bacon and women just shop. I'll take a little time to make up for my little bit of gendicism there, which is another word for sexism that I just made up.

Really just now...

Anyways...speaking of mom and pop businesses my lovely new bride and I have started being crafty and making things, which also happen to be for sale. Since we both work and don't have a ton of time on our hands to pursue what we like, we just have to find time to do it in the evenings and on weekends.

What you're about to see is the by-product of that. My wife, we'll call her Meghan, enjoys making jewelry and has for a while now, but she's too self conscious to ever brag or really tell anyone about it. So I'm doing it.

She used to make things with beads and pearls and wire, but has since decided to start designing pieces using wood. That's where my manly, beard-growing, grunting prowesses come in. Also I really love working with wood and building things so this goes right along with that.

Our process is: she draws her designs on pieces of wood we buy from lowes or home depot, and I cut them out. Then she paints them and/or stains them and puts chains and rings on them and they look awesome.

We would both love for this to take off and become something that we can share together, but we want to see what people think of them first.

If you like them then tell us, if you don't then I'd rather not know. It will probably just hurt my feelings.

With that being said if you want to buy one let me know. I have no idea how much they are but I doubt they're too much more than pretty inexpensive.

With all that out of the way here's what's cool now:

First the jewelry my wife and I are creating. We both hope our little mom and pop business takes off in the future.

Second catchphrases. For instance mine is "somebody needs to." come up with your own and be prepared to reap the rewards.

Third me, for blogging after like 7 months.

Fourth storage wars, Barry is the best and Dave is a huge douche. Brandi is way too cute for jarrod and Darryl looks like he's 13 months pregnant and has been yelling constantly for the past 7 years.



No comments: